Sunday, July 11, 2010

Raccoons

We have raccoons.  They used to go in and eat Busters food every night so we stopped feeding him in the studio for a while.  After a while, I started feeding him out there again and for several months, the raccoons were completely unaware of the bounty that was on the other side of that cat door.

It was a fun several months.

A couple of days ago, I noticed that busters food dish was clean when I went out there in the mornings.  That means the raccoons were wiping him out at night.  Oh well, it's maybe half a cup of food, no big deal.



Then they discovered the tightly lidded plastic tupperware thingy I was storing it in.  Yesterday, I discovered this thing flipped over on the floor, the handles that click the lid to the body were broken off and the food shrapnel was all over the floor under the table.

Ok, so I can't store food out there anymore.  No big deal.  They can clean out Busters leftovers at night.

And then today.  Oh dear.  It seems they have discovered that they are not only hungry, but thirsty too.  Can't blame them, it's been hot out.  There's a bucket of pretty clean water under one of our run off spouts in the driveway so I figured they'd drink that.  Alas, they have discovered that they prefer clay flavored water.

I leave my throwing water bowl on my wheel and just toss a paper plate over it at night to keep bugs out.  And I have a kitty litter bucket of slop that becomes my reclaim water.  Wanna see what it looked like this morning?  Ok, I'll show you.

That would be my green throwing bowl you see there on the floor.  And the lid torn off of the white kitty litter slop bucket.  And muddy water all around.



*sigh*



I'd like to show you all Buster's new and improved food bowl location!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh that is too funny! Not the cleaning up part but they sure are ingenious aren't they?