Saturday, October 31, 2009

It just didn't work today

I know I said I was going to talk about more test tile stuff but I'm not in the mood for that.

I tried to make some stuff today and it was just a day when the clay wouldn't cooperate.  Normally I have an issue if the clay is too stiff.  The wetter the better.  But today the clay I was using from my recycled stuff was actually too wet so I ended up making more of a mess than anything else.  And most of what I tried to make went right back into the recycle bucket.

I think part of it is that I don't really know what to make.  I've been concentrating so much on getting my online shops full of merchandise that when I went to make stuff, I got stuck in my head about what I should make for the shop.

I find that I can always market the mugs.  Mugs are easy to sell.  But I make good bowls too.  And yet I find that my bowls are still sitting on my dining room table waiting to be photographed and posted.  So when I felt like making bowls today, I was thinking more about how it's hard to sell bowls rather than just enjoying making them.  That always seems to be the kiss of death for me.

Maybe it wasn't even the clay that was bothering me.  Even as I'm trying to type this, my fingers are feeling clunky and they aren't moving as easily as they usually do.

Oh well.  Just an off day for me today. 

I'm working on moving stuff from my Etsy store to my Artfire store.  I'm finding Artfire to be a better place to sell, especially since you don't have to sign up for an account to purchase there.  But all of my advertising has been for Etsy so I'm kind of starting from scratch.

So I guess today can just be summed up as "oh well".

There's a chat widget on this blog and since I'm generally online all day, you're welcome to chat with me.  Don't have to have anything to say, just say hi!

No comments: